Monday, February 26, 2018

Halfway Reflection Assignment 14A

Assignment 14A

1. Behaviors I have developed:
To best prepare myself for success in this course, I have tried to create a schedule that maximizes the time I can accomplish assignments within. For example, I map out my week and then take the time necessary for this class during the week to watch the lectures and complete the assignments. Additionally, I find myself working ahead and looking at the future requirements for different assignments and will maneuver time around to then find and conduct necessary interviews as needed. Time management of both the assignments and the lectures is the biggest key to my success within this course.
2. "Giving Up" Moments:
The most prominent "giving up" moment in this course was my recollection of the reading reflection that was due last week. When I discovered that assignment's due date was coming up two weeks ago, I was ill-prepared and hadn't even opened the book that I was already supposed to have completed. Due to outside circumstances I have faced over the last year, I have grown a sense of tenacity that was applicable to this situation. I picked myself up from the precarious academic position and pushed through the entire autobiography, completed the assignment, all thanks to the fact that I was put into a tough position and needed to respond. 
3. Three Tips:
- Treat each week and the assignments involved as exams, and when you give importance to these assignments you will find you not only work harder on them, but you will receive your desired grade.
- Challenge yourself to be the best at everything you do, and developing a tenacious mindset starts with tasks that you don't look forward to do, such as school assignments.
-Never accept mediocrity and find ways to always adapt and become more proficient.
Image result for conor mcgregor two belts






2 comments:

  1. Working ahead or at least staying ahead for a given week is super important. These assignments are manageable and with good effort you can do quality work. Also, I agree that you can live up to the situation you are faced with and develop tenacity in pushing through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew,
    I am with you and the best way that I have tackled this course is to map out what I need to do on a weekly basis and then try and tackle them early so I can get ahead. Then if I have extra time, I will try and get a head start on the next assignments to get even more ahead. I also agree that you should never accept mediocrity and should always be striving to be the best person and right now, best student you can be. It will always benefit you in the future.

    ReplyDelete