Friday, February 16, 2018

Idea Napkin No. 1 Assignment 11A

1) You: I am a first year Finance Major from Orlando, FL. Through my previous experience starting a youth basketball training business, I have become familiar with the specifics regarding company finances and customer service. My aspirations include creating businesses that grow beyond just money-making entities, but that include charitable work and giving back to poverty-stricken communities. If I were to start this business, because of my hard-working nature, I would become totally immersed with it and would devote a large portion of my time to finding new ways to succeed.

2) What are you offering to customers?: I am offering a subscription-based notes product to those who take online classes. After each lecture for a given class, I provide a comprehensive analysis of that lecture in the twenty four hours after it is published as an alternative to watching each lecture or buying a note supplement days before the exam to prepare.

3) Who are you offering it to?: My main audience are those who take multiple online courses and who struggle watching ninety minute lectures and taking notes on each lecture for all their online courses. Another sub-set of that audience are those who watch their online lectures on 2x speed and find that their notes are sub-par because of the way they watch the lecture.

4) Why do they care?: Grades are of the utmost importance to students who aspire to have successful jobs and careers after graduation, and therefore easing the potential to earn a good grade within a course is all that is needed for students to care. Additionally, it removes having to watch hours of lectures to gain desired notes, so it saves grades and time.

5)  What are your core competencies?: The speed at which the product is in the consumer's grasp is a core competency, along with the ability to have a study pack for each lecture gives the consumer time to study well ahead of time before an exam.

Summary: When worked well, these five elements drive the success behind businesses. However, they are all hard to attain and often result in fragments of the whole. I stand by my idea and it's potential help to online students success, but the weaker part of my solution comes down to the narrow market of individuals who have an innate desire to purchase the solution I present.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea napkin, it’s nice see hear that you would completely dedicate yourself into this, That’s crucial for success at the beginning stages of a business. You’re going to be competing for costumers head on with studyedge, prepare for that, find out how you can provide something they don’t, or to be better. Looking forward to hearing more about this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I chose this biography, seems very interesting. I did not know anything about Nike so I learned a lot. I think that Knight was a genius for fighting the opportunity and exploiting in the best way he thought possible. The part you don't like most about him I kind of admire. I did not read then look, but if Knight was getting rid of employees who may not of shared the same vision, I think that is good. When you are an entrepreneur, you have to believe your idea is right and that no one else will get in the way, which it seems Knight was able to do.

    ReplyDelete