Friday, March 16, 2018

Assignment 18A


My prototypical customer is a student between seventeen and twenty-three years old that takes multiple online classes at UF. They are talking fall, spring and summer courses and rely on watching lectures online to receive information about a given topic. They also have grown tired of the process of watching lectures online and are in a financial place to spend a few dollars on a solution to ease their educational pain. My customer can be socially active, whether it be a fraternity or sorority, or keep to themselves and focus on their academic future. In fact, they do not even have to live in the greater Gainesville area, as the classes that they take supersedes their geographical location. My product is based on the customer’s class schedule and type of courses they are taking and is less reliant on their personal needs/wants. It is a universal product in its ability to help those who struggle with finding the motivation to complete the necessary work in their online classes, and since I previously had this struggle, the customer could easily be someone like myself, but is not limited to other types of  people as well.

4 comments:

  1. I think your customer type can be boiled down to students who would use study edge. I think its important to note that because you can go there and have the perfect spot to market your product. If somehow you were able to partner with study edge, you could gain campus wide exposure for your product. Sometimes its best to work with competitors. I think you definitely do have a designed segment though. Overall, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have a product that is the baby of study edge and smoking notes. If you can make it do both those things and at lesser costs “you’re cooking with gas.” I think your prototypical costumer would be any student that like josh said, that uses study edge. I use study edge for my statistics class and it helps me so much more than my actual professor does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew,
    As someone who would be in your market, I think you have mapped out your customer avatar very well. I feel like a lot of students who use study edge or tutoring zone would be huge advocates for this service as well. Having two "back up" tutors would be very beneficial for most classes, especially ones in the business school. I think also that you potentially being the market as well helps you identify with you customers even more which is a huge plus when trying to sell your product. This helps you identify more problems that you customers are facing and gives you an advantage when trying to fix these problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your product has a possible market niche but is really applicable to any college student at least a little. I also think this product being available to people outside of Gainesville would be important. I would fall into this market and would be interested in your product. A perfect target consumer would have both a need for help in class and enjoy peer interaction but having either of these alone could still land you in a marginal market for this product.

    ReplyDelete